This is Towako from MEL School.
How are you doing?
It's Thursday, January 11, 2018.
What a beautiful day it is!
Most of you found the speaking test difficult yesterday.
You know that, right?
Try your best in 2018!
Warm up: one min. questions: => What are you looking forward to doing this term?
Song of the month: Hey Jude
Bridge to MEL
Chapter 23 Unit 1
Grammar and Communication-1
Memorize the comparatives and superlatives of good/well/bad/badly => Write the words
Practice the example sentences => Repeating => Japanese to English
#1 Have them say the comparatives and superlatives orally before starting the exercise.
Complete the sentences orally in class. =>
#2 Change the sentences orally in class. => Work in pairs. =>
#3 Practice how to answer in class. Have them add the reason. => Work in pairs.
Talk about the picture
Listen to CD => Ask questions: What year is it? How long has Sarah stayed with Uncle Gary and Monica? What does Sarah promise to do? What is the picture called?
Repeating with teacher (putting slashed where necessary) => In pairs
Review Lessons 121-128
ð Speaking test
Writing My Winter holiday
1. How was your winter holiday? => My winter holiday was great.
2. What did you enjoy the most? => I went skiing in Niigata.
3. When did you do it? => We went there on December 30 and stayed there for three nights.
4. Why did you enjoy the event the most? => My family usually goes skiing in winter once or twice a year. I enjoyed this trip very much because I love skiing and I ate a lot of delicious food at a buffet.
5. What else did you enjoy during the event? => I also enjoyed hot springs. There aren’t many kinds of baths but I like the open-air bath in our hotel.
6. What can you recommend to your friends? => I think going skiing in Niigata is great because you can enjoy not only skiing but also having delicious food.
Have a great day!
See you all on Saturday!